The Division had completed a large number of training courses in project appraisal techniques, and since 1998, it has added policy analysis courses in its programme. Furthermore, the Government of Pakistan has registered PIDE as one of the several other Training Institutes to impart training linked to the Promotion Related Capacity Building of Civil Servants in BPS-17 to BPS-19 of various operational groups in the following fields (Offered on demand):
- Macroeconomic Planning and Management
- Balance of Payment
- Debt Management
- International Economics.
- Investment Analysis & Economic Management
Introduction: Development Goals and Objectives
Importance of Feasibility Studies
Project Appraisal Techniques: Discounted Cash Flow Analysis)
The Preparation of Annual Statements of Economic Costs and Benefits
Sensitivity and Risk Analysis
Network Analysis as an Aid to Project Planning and Appraisal
- Stages in the Project Cycle: Project Implementation and Management.
- Key Terms, Concepts and Purposes of Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Sources of Data for Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Performance Indicators for Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation Procedures in Pakistan and the Relationship of the Project Topics to the PC Performa.
- Network Analysis/CPM/PERT and Bar Charts as Implementation and Management Techniques.
- Macroeconomics: A Broader Perspective
- Investment, Savings and Growth
- Introduction to National Accounts
- Input/Output Tables
- Domestic Resource Mobilization
- Fiscal Policy & Development
- Supply and Demand for Money
- Exchange Rate Policy
- International Institutions
- Quantitative Techniques
Foreign Direct Investment
- Project Identification
- Project Appraisal Techniques: (Discounted Cash Flow Analysis)
- The Preparation of Annual Statements of Economic Costs and Benefits
- Sensitivity and Risk Analysis
- Basic concepts
1: 09:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Tea Break at 10:30 a.m.
2: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Lunch Break at 12:30 p.m.
3: 01:30 p.m. to 03:00 p.m.
1: 09:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
2: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon