A. Book and Chapter in a Book:
1. Mustafa U, Mirajul Haq, and I. Ahmad. 2009. “Consumer Perceptions, Practices, Willingness to Pay and Analysis of Existing Laws for Safe Drinking Water of Abbottabad District, Pakistan”. In “Critical Issues in Environmental Taxation”, Vol VII. Chapter VI. Water, Land, and Pollution Management. Edited by Lin Heng Lye, Janet E Milne, Hope Ashiabor, Larry Kreiser, and Kurt Deketelaere. Oxford Uni. Press, London. PP 395-412.
2. Mustafa U, I. Ahmad, and Mirajul Haq. 2009. “Environmental Fiscal Reform in Abbottabad: Solid Waste Management”. International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Pakistan. iv+20 pp.
3. Mustafa U, Mirajul Haq, and I. Ahmad. 2009. “Environmental Fiscal Reform in Abbottabad: Drinking Water”. International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Pakistan. ii+22 pp.
4. Mustafa U, Mirajul Haq, and I. Ahmad. 2009. “Globalizations and its Impacts on Agriculture, Food Security and Social Welfare in Pakistan”. In “Sustainability of Asian Economic Development”. Edited by Gill U. S., Lakhwinder Singh and Reena Marwah. Taylor and Francis Group, 912 Tolstoy House, 15-17 Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi 110 001, India.
5. Mustafa U, Mirajul Haq, and I. Ahmad. 2009. “Pro Poor Environmental Fiscal Reforms in Solid Waste Management Sector”. In “Peace and Sustainable Development in South Asia: Issues and Challenges of Globalization”. Sustainable Development Policy Research Institute (SDPI).
6. Mustafa U.2009. “Global Governance Dealing with the Non-traditional Security Threats”. In “Non-Traditional Security Threats to Pakistan”. Edited by Ahmad Rashid Malik. Islamabad Policy Research Institute (IPRI) and Honns Seidel Foundation (HSF), Islamabad.
7. Mustafa U. 2007. Solving the Urban Sprawl: A Case Study of Kot Lakhpat, Lahore in a book “CITIES_Engine of Growth. Edited by NadeemUl Haque and Durr-e-Nayab. Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad.
8. N. M. Beintema, W. Malik, M. Sharif, and U. Mustafa (2007). “Agricultural Science & Technology Indicators (ASTI) Country Brief No. PAKISTAN”. IFPRI, USA
9. Mustafa U., M. Ali, and Ir. Heny Kuswanti. 2006. Chapter on Indonesia. In “Food Chain Analysis: Setting Research Priorities in Asia” edited by M. Ali. AVRDC – The World Vegetable Center. GTZ. P.O. Box 42, Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan 74199, ROC. pp 145-196. http://www.avrdc.org/pdf/TB38/TB38_FactSheets.pdf
10. Mustafa U., M. Ali, T. Satapornvorasak, and O. Dissataporn. 2006. Chapter on Thailand. In “Food Chain Analysis: Setting Research Priorities in Asia” edited by M. Ali. AVRDC – The World Vegetable Center. GTZ. P.O. Box 42, Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan 74199, ROC. pp 197-245 http://www.avrdc.org/pdf/TB38/TB38_FactSheets.pdf
11. Mustafa U. 2005. “Major Lessons Learned For Enhancing The Competitive Edge of SMEs in International Marketing of Fruit And Vegetable". In “International Marketing of Fruit and Vegetable”. Edited B. Ahmad, Asian Productivity Organization, Japan. pp 35-40. http://www.apo-tokyo.org/projreps_acd/12_04-AG-GE-SEM-15.htm
12. Mustafa, U. 1998. “Manual on Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation of Development Projects, UNDP Area Development Project (PAK/96/005) Extension Services Management Academy, AJK.
13. Veen M. V. D. and U. Mustafa. 1995. Training Material for ARP-II "Participatory Diagnostic Survey Training Course and Planning Workshop". ARP-II, BARB,GOB, The World Bank.
14. Mufti, A. S. I. Ahmad; M. Afzal and U. Mustafa. 1986. "Accidents through Farm Machines and Implements". FMI, PARC, Islamabad.
B. International Journals/Periodic:
1. Mustafa U. and A. Qudus. 2008. “Globalization Driven Policies in Agriculture: An Impact Analysis”. Lahore Journal of Policy Studies. Vo.2 No.1. September 2008. pp 83-100.
2. Rashid, G. M. Arif, and U. Mustafa. 2008. “Does the Labour Market Structure Explain Differences in Poverty in Rural Punjab?” Lahore Journal of Economics. Special Edition: September 2008. Pp 139-162.
3. U. Mustafa. 2007. “Environmental Fiscal Reforms and Decentralization for Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication”. The Pakistan Development Review (PDR). 46:4. PP 1087-1103.
4. Mirajul Haq, U. Mustafa, and I. Ahmad. 2007. “Consumer Perceptions, Practices, and Willingness to Pay for Safe Drinking Water: A Scenario Analysis of Urban and Rural Abbottabad”. The Pakistan Development Review (PDR) 46:4. PP 1137-1153.
5. U. Mustafa, K. Abbas, and A. Saeed. 2005. Enhancing Vocational Training for Economic Growth in Pakistan. The Pakistan Development Review (PDR) , V. 44 # 4. pp 567-584.
6. Sharif, M., U. Mustafa, W. Malik and M. Iqbal. 2002. “Land Distribution and Renewal of Sustainable Economic Activities for Rural Poverty Alleviation in Pakistan”. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology. 1560-8530/2002/04-3-413-419.
7. Mustafa, U., W. Malik and M. Sharif. 2001. “Globalization and Its Implications on Agricultural, Food Security and Poverty in Pakistan”. The Pakistan Development Review (PDR), V.40 # 4. pp 767-786.
8. Mustafa, U. and M. A. Mir. 1999. “Sustaining Economic Development by Reforming Basic Institutions through Community participation”. The Pakistan Development Review (PDR), V.38 # 4. pp 1233-1246.
9. Rodriguez A, N. A. Shah, M. Afzal, U. Mustafa and I. Ali. 1996. “Is Water-harvesting in Valley Floors a Viable Option for Increasing Cereal Production in Highland Balochistan, Pakistan? Experimenta; Agriculture, Elsevier Scuence B.V. Vol 32. pp 305-315.
10. Mustafa, U., P. L. Pingali and J. C Flin. 1995. "Intensification Induced Degradation of Irrigated Infrastructure: The Case of Waterlogging and Salinity in Pakistan in Pakistan". The Pakistan Development Review, Vol. 33, No. 4. pp 733-750.
11. Rodriguez, A., I. Ali, M. Afzal, N. A. Shah, and U. Mustafa. 1995. Price Expectation of Sheep and Goats by Producers and Intermediaries in Quetta Market, Pakistan. Agricultural Economics. Elsevier Scuence B.V. 12 . pp 79-90.
12. Mustafa, U., C. F. Habito, and B. J. Duff. 1993. "Macro-level Income and Employment Effects of Rice Farm Mechanizatio". Agricultural Mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America (Japan) Vol. 24. No. 1. pp 45-50.
13. Mustafa, U. 1993. "Simulation Model for Distributions of Crop Yields Based on Farmer Perception - A case Study from Highland Balochistan, Pakistan". The Pakistan Development Review, Vol. 32, No. 4,Winter, pp 799-806.
14. Mustafa, U. 1992. "Consumption Linkages of Mechanical Wheat Production in Pakistan". The Pakistan Development Review, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp 929-936.
15. Mustafa, U. 1988. "Impact of Farm Mechanization on Crop Production in Pakistan". Regional Net Work for Agricultural Machinery Newsletter, Manilla, Philippines. No. 32, ISS No. 115-5296. pp 6-7.
16. Afzal, M., U. Mustafa and M. T. Ahmad . 1983. "Status of Selected Tillage Implements at the Progressive Farms in Pakistan". Agricultural Mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America (Japan) XIV, (2). pp 62-64 (Spring).
C. National Journals/Periodic:
1. Mustafa U.; K. Mahmood; I. Ali.; N. A. Shah and M. Afzal. 1995. "Marketing of Small Ruminants in Highland Balochistan". Progressive Farming, Vol. 15. No. 2. March/April. pp 58-61.
2. Mustafa U. and Z. A. Qureshi. 1995. "Economics of Catchments Basin Water Harvesting". Progressive Farming, Vol. 15. No. 2. March/April. pp 67-71.
3. Mustafa, U and P. L. Pingali. 1992. “Economic Impact of Land Degradation (Waterlogged and salt-affected Soils) on Irrigated Rice in Sub Tropical Region”. Pakistan Agricultural Development Review. Vol.3. No. 1. Summer.
4. Afzal, M. and U. Mustafa. 1984. "Poor Cultivation Practices in Pakistan, Implements Status View". Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 2. pp 85-95.
5. Chaudhary, M. Aslam; U. Mustafa and Faquir Mohammad. 1982. "Over Time Structural Changes in Agriculture in the Province of Punjab. Journal of Agric. Research Vol. 20, No. 3. pp 149-157.
D. International Proceedings/Conferences/Workshops:
1. Mustafa U., Mirajul Haq, and I. Ahmad. 2008. “Globalizations and its Impacts on Agriculture, Food Security and Social/Welfare in Pakistan”. Paper presented at the International Conference on Sustainable Development: Challenges for Asian Societies. Hosted by: Punjabi University, Patiala (India) in collaboration with Association of Asia Scholars (AAS), New Delhi (India) November 14-16, 2008.
2. Mustafa U., Mirajul Haq, and I. Ahmad. 2008. “World Trade Organization (Post Doha) and Regional Trade Agreements: Opportunities and Perils for Pakistan’s Agriculture”. Paper presented at the National Conference on WTO Opportunities and threat for Pakistan Agriculture, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, May 28-29, 2008.
3. Mustafa U; W. Malik; M. Sharif; and M. Akhter. Agricultural Science and Technology Indicators (ASTI) Inititative in Pakistan – Federal Public sector (Preliminary Findings). Proceeding of International Seminar on ASTI – Investment in Agricultural Research organized by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), November 2005.
4. Mustafa, U; Zia S and Mirza S. N. 1996. "Socio-Economics Determinants of Biodiversity Losses: Evidence from Highland Balochistan, Pakistan". Proceedings of the International Workshop on Agricultural Sustainability in Mountain and Cold Areas. The Workshop was organized by ICIMOD/PARC at Quetta from Sep. 25-27, 1995.
5. Mustafa, U and K. N. Babar. 1991. "Stochastic Analysis of Cereal Crops Grown Under Water Harvesting Techniques in Highland Balochistan". Paper presented at Dryland Resource Management Project Workshop, Amman, Jordan 10-14 November, 1991. Organized by International Center for Agricultural Research in Dryland Area (ICARDA).
6. Mustafa, U; M. Zahid Qureshi; M. Afzal; N. A. Shah and A, Belly; A. Rodriguez; A. Samiullah; M. Islam and K.N. Babar. 1993. "Use of Water-harvesting to Enhance Crop Production in Arid and Semi-arid Areas of Highland Balochistan, Pakistan". Paper Presented at the Final Workshop of Dryland Resource Management Project at International Centre for Agriculture Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA), Aleppo, Syria, May 23-27, 1993.
7. Mustafa U., K. N. Qaisrani and A. S. Alvi. 1994. Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) - An Effective Way to Determine Farmers Constraints - Evidence from Highland Balochistan. Paper presented at SAARC Workshop on Identification of Socio-Economics Constraints of Agricultural Production held on May 29-31, 1994 at NARC, Islamabad.
E. National Proceedings/Conferences/Workshops:
1. Mustafa U, W. Malik, M. Sharif, and M. Akhtar. (2004). “The Agricultural Science & Technology Indicators (ASTI) Initiative in Pakistan - Federal Public Sectors. Preliminary Findings”. Proceeding of the International Seminar on “Agricultural Science & Technology Indicators (ASTI)” Investment in Agricultural Research. PARC/IFPRI.
2. Mustafa, U. 2001. “Deregulation of Agricultural Prices and its Implications on Rural Communities and Food Security in Pakistan”. Paper presented at the National Seminar on “Deregulation of Agricultural Prices” held on 20th October 2001 at University of Agricultural, Faisalabad.
3. Mustafa, U. 2000. “Strengthening Grassroots Institutions for Poverty Alleviation in AJK. Proceeding of the 32nd All Pakistan Science Conference June 12-15, 2000. Pakistan Association for the Advancement of Science. Pp18- 27.
4. Mustafa, U., M. Iqbal. 1996. "Inter Provincial Trade of Fruits in Balochistan". Proceedings of the National Work Shop on Agricultural Marketing, held at Quetta from 27-29 august, 1996. Organized by Food and Agricultural Organization of United Nations, Government of Balochistan and Pakistan Agricultural Research Council.
5. Mustafa U., N. A. Shah, N. Hameed and M. J. Chaudhry. 1996. "Post Harvest Handling and Marketing of Apple in Balochistan". Proceedings of the National Conference on Post-harvest Technology of Horticultural Commodities at Quetta from 10-12 September, 1996. Organized by Food and Agricultural Organization of United Nations and Government of Balochistan. pp 130-138.
6. N. Hameed, U. Mustafa, N. A. Shah and M. J. Chaudhry. 1996. "Marketing of Onion in Balochistan". Proceedings of the National Conference on Post-harvest Technology of Horticultural Commodities at Quetta from 10-12 September 1996. Organized by Food and Agricultural Organization of United Nations and Government of Balochistan. pp120-129. Afzal, M. and U. Mustafa. 1983. "Demand of Reaper in Pakistan". Proceedings of 4th Biannual Convention of Pakistan Society of Agricultural Engineers (PSAE), Peshawar.
7. Mustafa, U; M. Afzal; and A. Saeed. 1984. "Popularity of Tractors in Pakistan". Proceeding of 5th Annual Convention of PSAE, Lahore, May 24-25.
1. Mustafa, U. 1991. “Economic Impact of Land Degradation (Salt Affected and Waterlogged Soils) on Rice Production in Pakistan’s Punjab”. Ph.D. Dissertation. University of the Philippines at Los Banos. Phillipines.
2. Mustafa, U. 1987. “A General equilibrium Analysis of the Effects of Farm Mechanization on Wheat and Rice Production in Pakistan”. M.S. Dissertation. University of the Philippines at Los Banos. Phillipines.
3. Mustafa, U. 1979. Over Time Structure Changes in Agric. in the Province of Punjab. Unpublished M.Sc. (Hons.) Thesis. Department of Agricultural Economics. University of Agricultural, Faisalabad.